Re: Mac questions

OK, cheapest 27-inch iMac with either 1 TB Fusion or 256 GB SSD is £1609. I'll check the refurb store in a moment to see if you can get it any cheaper, just now.

I suggest 1 TB Fusion (essentially an SSD and HDD combined); all the power of SSD without the sacrifice in space. But if you want just an SSD, you can of course do that, for the same price. 256 GB is OK for a data light setup, or dual-boot, but not if you intend having all your data on their too. You said you wouldn't so I suppose having the SSD only is a good thing in one respect: the hard disk spins inside, and not having it to jostle is a definite plus.

Now I'll check the Apple refurb store for the exact same iMac and I'll edit it in if I find it.

Edit: empty, sorry!