Re: Monthly chat August 2015

Lol Cae, I'm not surprised, again why microsoft had to insist on everyone down grading when Xp was perfectly adequate I don't know, (and going from soemthing functional to something less so is definitely dow grading whatever microsoft and the computery wootery says).
It unfortunately turns out the error, or whatever the error is is even affecting my xp machine in safe mode, so yes my desktop is getting a trip on the train next week. As I said, even if they need to utterly reformat the thing it doesn't matter over much sinse everything is completely backed up.

I am however particularly missing my big speakers and music, my dvd watching, and the chance to actually do computing in my living room, sinse while there is nothing wrong with this laptop on my bedroom table it does mean I'm basically sitting on my bed for long periods, plus I haven't bothered installing many games or much by way of music onto this machine, indeed I'll need to plug in my external drive along with my victor when I want to sort out what audiobooks are going with me to music school later this week.

It's because I'm off to music school that I haven't yet bought the mac, sinse I've decided it's probably a good idea so long as I still have an xp machine, but I don't want to buy one, then leave for a couple of weeks in the process of learning to use it.
I did finish Crown of shadows and have just done a review, indeed I found the sad news about Jim just as I was opening my inbox to send it along to the webmaster of www.fantasybookreview.co.uk, they've also printed my review for Infinity welcomes careful drivers which is nice.
Speaking of writing I have actually done something a bit weerd, I've submitted some of my poetry to the national poetry competition Probably not worth much but someone I very much respect said recently she liked my poems so heck why not? She also advised me to get into fiction and actually bother with some of my major ideas and sinse I have found a good place to publish short stories I shal probably try that.

Games wise I've been flitting around quite a bit, I finished mmx2 Hurrah! however x3 is proving a toughy, mostly I think because I've played it less over all as I only acquired it later on. I have also had another bash at the wastes and found my character on Clokmud.
One thing I can do however while I've got little access to music accept on my victor and none to dvds is do some stuff for the db, so that is what I have been doing. In particular I want to write out entries for some of the smaller Iphone titles that got missed, stuff like ear monsters and the Blindfold card games from kid friendly software, sinse while we're mostly uptodate with the Windows stuff now, (though interceptor and Braillemon will still need entries), there is a lot of Iphone stuff still to add and though of course applevis does a good job, well Applevis is a different beasty and if we said "just go and look on some other site" it sort of negates the purpose for audiogames.net in the first place.

I have also been continuing with the Doctor who companion chronicles, although things are a little more draggy than I expected here.

So, a bit quiet in this kneck of the woods thus far, hence why it's taken me a while to reply, indeed I wonder if the reason we have had so little activity on this months topic is because everyone is off having a far more exciting time than me big_smile.