Re: Monthly chat August 2015

@Dark, Left Behind is a series about a group of people going through the rapture and end times as depicted in the Bible. I read some of them quite a few years ago mostly for the action which I liked at the time, but the tone of the books seemed more anti anti-Christianity to me than anything else, and there were a lot of times where things were interrupted for long religious speeches and conflicts of faith and such which I found pretty annoying. Granted I'm not religious, so I suppose I might think differently about them were I a Christian, but I was actually going through a lot of doubt about God and the things I'd been taught and raised with up to that point (I believe I was about 13,) and if anything, I think reading those kinds of things actually served to push me further away from religion.
The guitar in the song actually wasn't what I found ominous, it was the vocal lines, especially when he says "sing with the fear" at the very end and the &quo t;it will rain" chorus. I actually find the vocals on CCK pretty soothing, even with the lyrics, another song I find somewhat similar in the execution of the lines and lyrics and which I love even more it Storm Corrosion:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVuSKk_fs1o
I haven't heard of this Leonard Cohen fellow and that song isn't normally the kind of thing I listen too, but those are some very sinister sounding vocals and awesome lyrics, I'll definitely look into him more.
Here's another interesting one I like called Cockroach King; I've always wondered if King Crimson had an influence on that title.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQiF1NZMPEE

I've mostly been reading Star Trek for the past few weeks, also Finders Keepers by Stephen King, which I liked, except for his increasing tendency to create teenage girl characters with no real personalities, and I think I might finally get around to reading the Dark Tower series now that I have the audio versions. I'm waiting for the last episode of the Horizons trilogy of Edict Zero which concludes season 3, and then am going to find time to listen to all 3 episodes in full.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : blindncool via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : wanderer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : tward via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : petrastavreva via Audiogames-reflector