Re: Playing games like Palace Punch-up and Top Speed over the internet

Sorry for bringing this topic back, but I just gave hosting internet games another try. I tried creating an RTR server but it wouldn't connect. I set a static IP on XP of 192.168.2.100 and tried to open the port in the port forwarding section of the Belkin router. I entered 6667 in both the incoming and private port boxes and my IP from my virtual machine. I have vmware set to use the bridged network adapter. WHen I run the server program and try to connect with my public IP, it says connection error. Is this router really not meant for this? Can an Airport Express handle DHCP reservations? I don't feel like paying $199 for an Extreme. Besides, I can't switch routers right now as I'm still living with my parents until I'm done with High School. I wonder if this is just a lost cause? ANd to think I thought it would actually work. I've been having this issue for 5 and a half years.