Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

[ a-t ] Dark, glad you like the new description thing, It definitely makes things more interesting and adds more value to the random junk you find

I think things done in the same region would count under one reputation (sort of) but generally speaking it will be as I have planned it, though I am planning to have town's possibly pre-made as you enter a region to allow them to react to eachother and trade/war or w/e.

As for leaving and returning, way way way way back when the game was little more than a concept, the idea was you could find a town and mark it as home, then travel around and return home whenever, I may try and re implement it, you would have to make a town as home and once you leave, getting to the end of a region would run a check (if the player had marked a town as home) if this came back true it could offer you two choices, return to town or leave the region. In theory that should work fine, though in a 90 place region where the town was area 1 that may be an issue but we could always work on it

I am legit thinking about getting dinner at deviants place now, If I enjoy the way it's written I'll no doubt end up on his other books, just like how Kurt Vonnegut's "Sirens of Titan" lead me to reading tons of his other stuff!

I am a huge fan of post-apocalyptic books though! I even wrote my own last year http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomorrow-Gone-H … ow+is+gone

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : devinprater via Audiogames-reflector