Re: 3.5 mm headphones, how to make them last longer?

Just don't snag the wires on stuff, don't yank it out of the jack by the wire,pull it from the connector, stuff like that. I've had headphones last me for years and years. I had a nice set of bose though, and it lasted one year, I got them for christmas, and destroyed them next year right around christmas because I cut through the cord with them on, listening to King of the Hill while wrapping presents. I was pissed at myself.