Re: Swamp For Beginners

Ahoy all
Here are the tips that I can think off and I hope they answer your questions at the same time, Mirage.
1. Get comfortable with the weapon of your choice: aim to find out the type of weapon which works best for you or the one that you work the best with I.E melee or ranged plus what type of melee and which ranged weapon.
Certain weapons are just better than others in certain situations, this you'll find out in time. I.E assault rifles are really good at clearing out hawrds as long as you can do long ranged shooting and know the map well. They however are also very very noisy so they tend to attract zombies specially ar15. machineguns or miniguns( can't really say much about minis as I haven't used them myself) are best for clearing hawrds that are after you or if you are cornered. Braced they do the best

The Sniper rifle is my personal favourite,1 shot kill can really be cool but of course I wouldn't expect to survive using it with a hawrd coming over specially If it happens to be too cloce

2. donate everything for rep that you don't use:
Do this at least til you reach level 60
If  you work the best with melee
lets say, then you don't really need those guns (for now) so all the guns that you hardly use and the ammo for them can just go, buy medkits instead
however if you use a specific gun as your primary weapon, the rest can be donated along with the ammo you don't use, med kits will still be needed but not as much as with melee because if you are doing it right, you shouldn't get hit much using guns as compared to melee.

This helps you to build up a buffer of rep at early levels so that you don't run out of it and have enough to do whatever it is that you need to do
3. Plan on dieing: be sure you'll die, a million billion times, well perhaps ehh I exaggerate a little,but believe me you'll die many times so get used to it. It happe ns a lot at lower levels but even the people in range of 1k 2k levels still die now and then. Its just a part of the game accept it and continue playing.
4. learn the map: learn the map you are in as well as you can. It helps you to run around getting loot and wakking off rotted heads much faster.
I am average at all the other maps but map1 I know like the back of my own hand and I hardly if ever use beacons to get from one place to other. I never bothered with coordinates myself,but if you want to find a fixed place they can come handy
5. skill points
Remember, slash that is /reset can be used to reset all your skill points so that you can elocate them again as you wish. this can either be done once a day  or once per level. this is useful for trying out different skill point combinations.  max out your speed at first then worry about other skills. at level 60 or so I had about 35 points in speed and the rest in high armor and a few times I did even go with sneak. at level 90 or so though, I have 40 in speed and the rest in sneak,and after that I just try and max out high armor. replace the high armor points with whatever you are most comfortable with. People also have different combinations more suited to their playstyle I.E speed armor health that's the order they choose to invest their skill points in again this is just a matter of finding out what type of skills work the best with your playstyle
This is all I can think off at the moment, although I'm sure others will come up with more.
Hope that helps some
grryf

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cw via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : revan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Mirage via Audiogames-reflector