Hi Stuart,

Yes, I started with an old MF X-ACT which was dire TBH. I had to
extensively re-work the internal PSU and opamp cct, I managed to get a
very good performance IMHO but then I went and bagged a MF A3.24 off
Ebay and have stuck with it ever since.

With the SB1 the PSU is very influential it's affects can heard with
the DAC, in fact it's more noticeable the better the DAC IMHO.

I have not tried the same as yet with SB2, only compared my simple LT
based PSU against the supplied OEM unit.

Also my SB1 is re-clocked so I don't have a relevant base to compare
SB1 vs SB2 overall performance. All I can say is the SB1 with the
extensive mods betters my previous setup of Naim CD5 and Flatcap II.

The SB2 with simple linear PSU and using internal DAC does not IMHO but
it is ever so close.


-- 
NealG
_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/lists/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to