gusi Wrote:
> Seeing that the SBs also have a tuner it would be tempting to run it
> straight into a poweramp and use its local volume control. Has anyone
> tried it? Are there any impedance issues?
Yes, my SB2 directly drives the power amps in ATC active speakers, and
works fine (with the proviso that you need a separate ground strap to
prevent the balanced inputs on the ATC interpreting the slight ripple
on the screen as signal and amplifying it into a fairly alarming
hum!).

However, if you're using Naim power amps, this might not be a good
idea. Naim power amps rely on a bandwidth-limited preamp to avoid
instability problems. Don't know how they might react to a naked SB
analogue signal.

--
cliveb