Thanks for the in-depth reply, HighDudgeon, especially your comparison
tests. I will certainly do some research on the Lavry and Benchmark.

The cost figures are not quite right, though. For $2000 and the special
offer, I can get a Transporter and an SB3. So I get 2 systems, one
excellent and one decent. Or I can get an SB3+DAC combo costing $1300,
plus another SB3 costing $300. Again 2 systems. The total for that is
$1600, as you said. But the difference is $400, not $100. Of course, if
I dither some more the Transporter special will be over and I'll be
looking at a $700 difference!

--
Coffee