tomjtx;151923 Wrote:
> Why not buy a TP direct and get a free SB3?
> That way you can compare both. If you don't think the TP is better,
> sell it for 1,700
> and break even. There are plenty of people who have SB's that would
> love to get a TP for 1,700.

Well, it seems clear from the postings that there is at least a good
chance that getting the playback out of the PC will improve the sound.
So I'll take your advice. With the 30-day return policy  I won't even
have the hassle of selling it.

tomjtx;151923 Wrote:
> But please try the TP without the Theta for at least a week. Don't
> assume the Theta is better. You might be surprised and end up selling
> the Theta.

I'm confused by that, Tom. The Theta is a full-blown A/V
preamp/processor through which I run all my source devices. It has both
analog and digital audio inputs. Are you saying that I should try using
an analog hookup (i.e. use the DACs in the TP), or that I should run
the TP directly to my power amps?

--
DirectViewer