kronos;157210 Wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Found this one :
>
> http://72.14.221.104/search?q=cache:C_DoDsNcw_MJ:www.mafianumerique.com/catalog/product_info.php%3Fproducts_id%3D174%26osCsid%3D95f55303656fe167ed8f9efcb665d106+alimentation+squeezebox+5v&hl=fr&gl=fr&ct=clnk&cd=2&client=firefox
>
> Is it suitable for the SB3 ?
>
> Anybody here can suggest a French brand alternative ( I'm in Paris )
> otherwise ?
>
> ...and BTW since electrical interference comes from the PC as well;
> wouldn't it be wise to stabilize the PC as well ? ...or is it a minor
> source of noise ?
>
> Thanks for feedback,
>
> Cordially,
>
> Kronos

Judging by the size of the unit, I would guess that it is a switching
design. So I would not recommend it.

The only connection between the PC and the SB3 is through the network
cabling (unless you are using wireless) and the electric grid. I would
not worry about the network cables, and the noise through the electric
cables can be filtered out. Some posters on this forum have used
electric power filters instead of an upgraded PSU and are happy with
the result.

Tom

--
tomsi42

SB3, Rotel RC-1070/RB-1070, dynaBel Exact, Kimber Kable 4TC and Timbre.