opaqueice;216167 Wrote:
> That was not a level matched comparison.  I could also tell the
> difference - one was louder.

I remember not even having to do the A/B switch to identify the
Dodson...that just a few seconds of hearing whichever was playing was
good enough.  And you were pretty good at mixing up the selector switch
and volume, so it wasn't predictable at all as to which you were playing
first (for those reading, the volume control on my preamp is a stepped
attenuator, so it's easy to go back and forth precisely on volume
settings).  So the level-matching was not so critical...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.
http://www.sonicspirits.com