marcoc1712;494051 Wrote:
> This sound like a good explanation to me, but...
>
> Actualy (7.4.1) you could not operate FF/REW in WAV -> WAV (at least if
> you are using a .cue file, you can in a single wav file - just tried
> after your post, strange, is'nt it?), but is possible in FLAC converted
> to WAV (regardless results...)

For much the same reason: the cue sheet confuses SB, it would then have
to apply offsets to each and every seek.  In this case it would be
doable, but is very very low priority considering how many people use
cue sheets to begin with, let alone with WAV's...

> IF (remember, 99% probs is up to my suggestion) there is a difference
> should be generated by the process (from the conversion in the server/SB
> to the playback in SB, or somewere else in the system, maybe due to
> different signal path, ingenerated EMI or else, I'm not qualified to
> investigate this).

If running flac on your PC to convert a file to or from flac/wav
generates sufficient EMI to alter the sound at your SB, you should
evacuate your house: it will have serious health effects.

> Maybe is an issue only in my system, that's why i'm asking if you can
> ear it in other systems, if noboby can, OK, it's just my problem and
> i'll solve someway, if yes, maybe could be pointed and solved sooner or
> later.

The issue is in your brain: the effect you are experiencing is entirely
psychological.

> I'm (or better I was...) an IT engineer now managing my consulting
> company, but in the past I was operating in the software quality
> assurance, I know very well the first role about users claims... but
> often the bug IS somewere, normaly in place were you ever think it never
> flows in!

And often the bug is with the user.

Your assertions make no sense: the TCP packets from flac decoding on
the fly -must- equal those made from the wav or it would not work.  And,
if EMI output from your PC varies enough to create serious EMI in your
house, you have much greater concerns than audio quality.

Your brain is a very complicated audio processor: the catch is that it
is VERY easy to fool your brain.

--
snarlydwarf