item_audio;693311 Wrote: 
> What do you find cryptic about this question, now on its third time of
> asking:
> 
> “If your SB is connected via optical SPDIF to a DAC, do you believe it
> is possible for an upgraded power supply to make any difference?”

the question is straightforward, but there is a hidden implication. Why
should it matter if I connect a DAC via TOSLINK or Coax when evaluating
an upgraded PSU?

What happened to the baby and the bath water?

for what it is worth, using my external DAC connected via any method I
detect no difference at all with a very nice linear supply vs. the
stock supply.
This is backed up by ADM measurements that confirm no difference.
So no, I don't hear or measure any difference and I keep my Teddy Pardo
supply just to intrigue people who bother to read my signature
carefully.

Now, have you got anything useful to sell us?


-- 
Phil Leigh

You want to see the signal path BEFORE it gets onto a CD/vinyl...it
ain't what you'd call minimal...
Touch(wired/W7)+Teddy Pardo PSU - Audiolense 3.3/2.0+INGUZ DRC - MF M1
DAC - Linn 5103 - full Aktiv 5.1 system (6x LK140's,
ESPEK/TRIKAN/KATAN/SEIZMIK 10.5), Pekin Tuner, Townsend
Supertweeters,VdH Toslink,Kimber 8TC Speaker & Chord Signature Plus
Interconnect cables
Stax4070+SRM7/II phones
Kitchen Boom, Outdoors: SB Radio, Harmony One remote for everything.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phil Leigh's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=85
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=93549

_______________________________________________
audiophiles mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/mailman/listinfo/audiophiles

Reply via email to