I use a Vortexbox server (in the basement) to provide music to my two
Touch players, a SB3 and a SB Radio. One music source for multiple
players -- it is simply the best combo for doing things IMO. (I'll
confess I don't use the built-in ripping capability. I rip music on the
PC in my office, custom tag it, and then transfer it to the Vortexbox
plus my backups. It works for me.)

It is a pity that Logitech abandoned the Touch & Transporter, but
apparently that is the state of affairs these days for music-only
players. There is currently no alternative that is as good. I'm looking
forward to my system to continue running for many years to come.