My car (Renault Grand Scénic) only sees ± 255 files/folder in ± 255
folders, so I made Mediamonkey create 100 folders (00 -> 99) into which
it randomly distributes the songs, artwork removed, converted to 192kB/S
ABR, ReplayGain hardcoded into the files. This works perfectly for my
16GB sticks and no need to have the headunit handle the random play, as
it's unable to do this from all folders at once ...

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004; TMA Premium 905; TMA Premium 901;
BK Monolith+ FF; HDI Dune Smart D1; Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Wandboard Duallite + CSOS, integrated LMS activated