netchord wrote:
> i'm really hearing it; just don't have an explanation for it.  to be
> sure, i don't really need an explanation, but it is interesting.

I don't know -- the subliminal impact of change can be very dramatic.
Over many years I've had any number of experiences where I've been
listening to my system and paused -- to take a phone call, go to the
bathroom, whatever -- and then when I resume listening the sound quality
seems much more dramatic. There were no changes to the equipment, music
source or settings, yet things sound "better" to me after the
interruption.

I long ago accepted the fact that I'm the biggest variable in my system.
(And that's one of the great ironies. Many audiophiles detest the
thought that their subjective opinions are due in any part to subjective
influences.)

;-)