Archimago wrote:
> No worries Wombat! I totally accept the critique and welcome it since
> it's good to know and realistically present the findings (if any!).
>
> Like you said, there are marketing papers out there and certain research
> presented (often by parties with vested interests). I'd love to see we,
> the consumers weigh in!
Absolutely! If people don't hear day and night differences with this
strong ringing i doubt it ever can become a problem. Just read at CA
about every digit from 0-2000 changes sound "obviously" in the thread
about recommended iZotope settings :)
Unfortunately here is also no 176.4 native support.
Just for illustration a simple pic showing the ringing distribution for
sox 99% 44.1 -> 176.4, L and M

|Filename: ring.jpg                                                 |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=17940|

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers