arnyk wrote:
> Obviously, "Drmatt"  you are not aware of these options since you keep
> talking about cables being stuck and not removable without damaging the
> equipment.

Actually it's you who keeps talking about it "AK", I only mentioned it
in passing to demonstrate that -some- cables may be not fit for purpose
due to excessively cheap or poor construction. You expanded this such
that you could attempt use it to make judgements about my capabilities
to operate hifi gear, which is a stretch for anyone, let alone someone I
never even met and who doesn't even know the story to which I refer.

> Not at all. The idea that the equipment was valuable was based on a
> reasonable presumption that you weren't talking about audio gear that is
> cheap junk. The issue of the equipment being permanently ruined is 100%
> your invention.

Good to see an agreement that -presumptions- were made about things that
were not said in my message, then ultimately commented on, and yet there
is still a defensive response when learning that those presumptions are
wrong.

> What to say about statements that someone makes up out of whole cloth,
> ascribes them to someone else, and then makes a big show of taking
> exception to them, such as these? I can't seriously recommend that you
> bite your tongue "drmatt" because of all the serious harm that  could do
> to your person.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.