ralphpnj wrote:
> Gary i have a few quick questions about Roon:
>
> 1) How long does Roon take to scan one's music library as compared to
> LMS?
>
> 2) How much larger is Roon's database as compared to LMS?
>
> and 3) How responsive is Roon as compared to LMS?

1. with 95,094 tracks, from scratch it takes about an hour to scan
library (about the same as LMS for me).  At this point the music is
playable. But after this, it does an additional scan in the background
to create its own R128 (replaygain) values (both album and track) and
generate wave form info.  It takes about 24 hours to complete this task
in the background.

2. hmmm, not sure.  The database it creates on my computer (which can be
backed up and restored) is 3.46GB  (this doesn't include my music files,
only the roon database)

3. equally responsive as LMS on both a i7 windows machine and an i7
linux machine.

*Home:* VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio
(all ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
*Spares:* Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or
SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify