d6jg wrote:

> I pondered an RP1 and RP2 and sone of the Project range. A mate has
> recently bought an RP1 so I gave his a good look at. In the end the
> cartridge options of a detachable headshell took over

Interesting - I've never owned many turntables in my life, but I don't
recall ever feeling I've needed a detachable headshell - probably
because I don't change cartridge terribly frequently. My venerable
Planar 3 (something like 22-24 years old now) is still going strong,
though maybe it's getting a bit like Trigger's broom, with replacement
of a few parts recently, with the most significant mod being one of the
new 24V motors.

At the moment, I'm using a Rega Fono Mini A2D as a phono stage and as an
ADC for digitising vinyl. It has a USB port on the front plate, which is
convenient.

I've been hanging out over at the VinylEngine forums lately.

Robert

*Home: *Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9  with files on QNAP TS-239
Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega
Planar 3 and Naim CD3)
PiCorePlayer(Pi2) with touchscreen and IQAudIO DAC+>Sennheisers
2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired)
*Office:* LMS7.9 running on WiFi MyPassport drive >
piCorePlayer(PiB)/HiFiBerryDAC > Amptastic Amplifier
SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob