SamS wrote:
> Do you think ALAC would be more foolproof for the Transporter to handle?
> As a general rule, going forward.
I will never use ALAC for anything. FLAC is the lossless standard and
hopefully here to stay even when misused as container for MQAs DRM ;)
Maybe you can check your FLAC files one day and see if my guess was
right. If HDtracks used the official xiph flac encoder everything was
fine because it uses a blocksize of 4096 afaik.
It is easy to reencode while keeping the metadata. You may prepare a
routine to do this with your purhases. I reencode everything i get with
the encoder of my choice and a blocksize of 4096 btw.

Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA
monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers