Hello,

Tomas M:
> But then, if I try to umount the branch (because the branch was a
> loop-mounted filesystem), sometimes I can see in the dmesg:
>
> VFS: Busy inodes after unmount of loop3, Self=destruct in 5 seconds.
> Have a nice day...
        :::
> So my question is, does aufs completely free all the resources
> associated with the branch after 'remount,del' is issued? Or does it
> still use something?

Basically aufs frees all the resources associated with the removed
branch. If you didn't install /sbin/mount.aufs (and other scripts) and
you didn't specify 'noplink' mount option, then unflushed pseudo-linked
inode may still alive.

If you know how to reproduce this problem, try first one of these,
- install aufs scripts to /sbin
- specify noplink

Anyway aufs has something to fix.

Junjiro Okajima