Hello!

I want to join two rw branches. Files should be written to that one, where is
more free space.
/mnt/1 - have a lot of files in many dirs in it.
/mnt/2 is empty so has much more space then /mnt/1

I create aufs mountpoint using
mount -v -t aufs -o br:/mnt/1=rw:/mnt/2=rw,create=mfs,sum none /mnt/tst/
when I write any file in /mnt/tst/ (not deeper in subdirs) - everything goes
ok. But if I write to any file that is in any subdir of /mnt/tst I get
# touch /mnt/tst/dir/qwe
touch: setting times of ‘/mnt/tst/dir/qwe’: No such file or directory

for file and

mkdir /mnt/tst/dir/qwe
mkdir: cannot create directory ‘/mnt/tst/dir/qwe’: Operation not permitted

for directory.

Just to be clear:
ls /mnt/1/
dir/          .wh..wh.aufs  .wh..wh.orph/ .wh..wh.plnk/

and /mnt/2 - empty

Seems that according to create=mfs it decides to write do /mnt/2, but can't
find /mnt/2/dir. And somehow refused to do so.

I'm using aufs3 (can't upgrade to newer version of debian). Please tell me
whether I set up something wrong or it's problem in the software and I have to
upgrade to resolve it?

With best regards, IVan.