On 2/28/19 3:43 PM, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2019 at 3:36 PM Levente Polyak via aur-general
> <aur-general@archlinux.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 2/28/19 3:33 PM, Jerome Leclanche wrote:
>>>
>>> We have TUs with hundreds of packages. Beyond automatic checks, do you
>>> really expect they keep up with every single release?
>>> I've myself updated several packages that were out of date (and
>>> unflagged) in [community]. I'm not saying the attitude *should* be "I
>>> don't give a damn", but in practice, I don't believe this expectation
>>> you mention is in place (and moreover, I reiterate that I do not think
>>> there should be such an expectation when it can very efficiently be
>>> offloaded to scripts and users).
>>>
>>> J. Leclanche
>>>

>> Indeed I am, there are tools like urlwatch, nvchecker and other to
>> easily get diffs of what changed and those are in the responsibility of
>> the maintainer to be aware of until our automatic system spec is not
>> finished and finalized.
>>
>> TL;DR: yes, i do.
>>
>> sincerely,
>> Levente
>
> Those are "automatic checks". I'm not sure what you're getting at. If
> they fail for whatever reason, your packages will still be out of
> date; I highly doubt you also manually keep up with all of them.
>
> J. Leclanche

Thats exactly what i meant by why the system to manually flag it is
useful, even if we have a centralized solution to flag packages
automatically.
Then lets phrase it with your working, yes "automatic checks" are the
responsibility of the maintainer, which in no way makes the manual
crowdsourced system non-useful as previously already stated.

Levente