Le 09/01/2023 à 13:14, Sharafat Karim a écrit :

> Hi there,

Hi!

> I'm writing to request that my PKGBUILD for kate-wakatime be added to the
> Arch User Repository (AUR). I have tested the PKGBUILD and it works as
> expected. But I'm unsure about this script's formatting or other checkups.
> I'll really appreciate any advice.

The AUR is community maintained. There's no request to make, it's up to you to
upload it or not [1] ;)

> Here's my PKGBUILD,
>
>> # Maintainer: sharafat <sharafat two thousand four at gmail>
>>
>> pkgname=kate-wakatime-git
>> pkgver=1.3.10
>> pkgrel=1
>> pkgdesc=" Kate plugin to interface with WakaTime"
>> arch=('x86_64')
>> url="https://github.com/wakatime/$pkgname";
>> license=('unknown')
>> makedepends=('git' 'cmake' 'extra-cmake-modules')
>> depends=('kate')
>> conflicts=('kate-wakatime')
>> source=("git+https://github.com/Tatsh/kate-wakatime";)
>> md5sums=('SKIP')
>>
>> build() {
>> cmake -B build -S "kate-wakatime" \
>> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE='None' \
>> -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX='/usr' \
>> -Wno-dev
>> cmake --build build
>> }
>>
>> check() {
>> ctest --test-dir build --output-on-failure
>> }
>>
>> package() {
>> DESTDIR="$pkgdir" cmake --install build
>> }

There's a few problems in that PKGBUILD:
- The pkgname and the source array implies that this package is a GIT/VCS
package. According to that, the PKGBUILD has to contain a dedicated "pkgver ()"
function [2].
- The url variable is wrong --> https://github.com/wakatime/kate-wakatime-git
is not a valid URL. You should use the one provided in the description of the
package on the GitHub repo [3]
- The license used by the project seems to be GLP3 according to the source code
[4]. Maybe they should make this more clear by specifying the license on the
GitHub repo though.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/AUR_submission_guidelines
[2]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/VCS_package_guidelines#The_pkgver()_function