Mar 4, 2024 18:51:25 Pellegrino Prevete <pellegrinoprev...@gmail.com>:

> Hello people,
>
> tonight the super-mario-brosmpackage has been deleted for the second time by
> Muflone.
>
> I invited him to discuss that deletion on here but he didn't so I am doing.
>
> I hope so much the result of this discussion won't result it me having to
> fork the aur immediately just to not comply with this decision.
>
> I have already been planning to fork the aur for a long while actually into
> something called ur to be hosted on arbitrarly cheap blockchains to get to
> avoid situations such as these.
Did you need to reply to the yuzu removal thread for this instead of starting a
new thread to discuss whatever issue you have? Super Mario Bros may be a
Nintendo IP, however yuzu was an emulator, prior to them settling in the
lawsuit, it is therefore off-topic to discuss a Nintendo game on a thread about
a notice that the emulator is now defunct due to said settlement.

Besides, your message as it is now is not exactly encouraging a healthy
discussion on the subject: first stating a package was deleted twice, that
discussing the deletion on this list was denied, not including any potential
explanations as to why it has been done that you could likely have obtained
when communicating with muflone on the subject, and then threatening to fork
the AUR into a crypto project, which, let's be honest, is not exactly a strong
threat:

- It's unlikely that many users would follow you in this fork
- It's unlikely that many, if any, AUR helping tools would add support for it
- The reputation of crypto and related projects at this point in time might be
at it's lowest ever due to the incredibly high occurrences of fraud and scams
using the technology

As an added bonus, this threat immediately sets you up in an adversarial
position, which is not a nice environment to have an actual productive
discussion in.

--
Kusoneko
GPG: https://kusoneko.moe/gpg.txt