Hello!

I recently learned that the AUR seems to have an actively enforced moderation
policy preventing packages that either only work on aarch64, or are otherwise
heavily focused/only useful on that platform.

RFC0032 hasn't finalized yet, and of course it could still end up being
rejected or otherwise put on indefinite hiatus... My outsider perspective is
that it likely will​ happen though, so I'm working under that assumption.

In this case, it's only a matter of time before non-x86 communities are
accumulating around Arch upstream proper. RFC0032 already notes that:

- Ideally, the AUR web interface / API is extended to allow filtering packages
by architecture.

I have a concrete proposal here. Let's say I (or someone else) were to
contribute the necessary changes to aurweb, such that it exposed architecture
info in the RPC (archlinux/aurweb#485), as well as adding support for filtering
by architecture when searching. If this happened, and the search box on the AUR
homepage defaulted to x86, would it be possible to relax the current moderation
policy that restricts aarch64-only packages from living in the AUR?
-Sam