On Jul 14, 2016, at 9:05 AM, Peter Armstrong <peter_armstr...@internode.on.net>
wrote:
> Sure, the pilot has a lot of kinetic energy up his sleeve, but I can’t say
> I’d be happy with the level of risk, especially with a pax along for the
> ride. It wouldn’t have taken much for things to go pear shaped.

It looked like a totally stock-standard ridge run on a strongly performing
ridge. Has probably been done millions of times around the world over the
years, very little risk if you’re familiar with how ridges work.

Regarding your question earlier about max rough air: If the air was rough, the
camera (and, no doubt, everything else) would be shaking a lot more than it was
in the video. Looked like a pretty smooth ridge in most places, the wind over
it was probably pretty laminar.

The video looked brilliant. Made me pine for the good ridge days at Lochiel.
Spending half a day hooning around the ridge in a Pik20d at 120 knots, chasing
sheep down gullies, big procedure-turn pullups at each end of the ridge. Stacks
of fun, if you haven’t tried it you’re really missing out.

   - mark