> On 24 Feb 2017, at 5:16 AM, Jim Staniforth <staniforth...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Too many antennas!
>  I went with the Class 1 TXP for use at altitude and in case of the need to
> ADS-B equip, but there is no GPS connected at the moment. The TT22 operates
> purely as a Mode S transponder unless interrogated as Mode C, in which case
> it responds as Mode C.

Y’ok, mode-S without ADS-B then. Meets expectations.

>  One GPS source possibility is the Trig TN70.

TN70 looks interesting. $3k for a GPS feels offensive, though :)

>  Added that the aircraft is an N-registered Experimental glider.

… aaaaand that explains why you went for the TT22 instead of the TT21, I take
it? The US mandate requires a class 1 transponder.

AFAICT the only difference between class 1 and class 2 is transmit signal
strength, and Australia’s regs specify no preference for one or the other, so I
saved $500 and got a TT21 instead :-)

   - mark