|
Peter,
I have
seen the LAMP presentation too, and then tried to have some meaningful
discussions with the presenter.
Todate
I get the impression that their approach to this is a bit like a pair of
D9's pulling scrub, I hope I am wrong.
SDF
At the last qld RAPAC meeting on
the 22nd May, the LAMP (Lower level Airspace Proposal) for Australia was
presented again. Essentially, it is back to the future like the old
AFIZ's but these are to be called DAF's (Designated Area Frequencies) or "Big
CTAF's" with ATZ (Airfield Traffic Zones) over airfields, the proposed
limits of ATZ's being 3nm radius and 1500 feet AGL.
I have volunteered for the nitty
gritty planning for Qld. and have proposed (and favourably received so far)
that all gliding fields to be NOT in ATZ's so that we can remain on the DAF
frequency with the proviso that glider pilots and all pilots be educated to
minimise their circuit calls. There are no mandatory airfield circuit
calls. Calls in the circuit are only necessary for separation once the
mandatory inbound call to a CTAF (at present) and airfield is made.
Any comments and requirements for
local gliding fields in Qld. please contact me directly at this address [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peter C.
Stephenson
QSA RAPAC Rep , P.O. BOX
3 - 30 MAIN ST.,NARANGBA 4504. near BRISBANE, QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA Tel.:
(07) 3886 6888 [Fax (07) 3886 6129] Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
A Member of the Caboolture Gliding Club http://www.glidingcaboolture.org.au
Mobile: 0418 713 903 (where Comedian Billy Connolly had an aerobatic glider
ride of his life)
|