|
Jeremy,
Thank you for your comments. At the
last meeting of RAPAC, my understanding of the **latest** model was that the
"small CTAF's" that we have now were to go and be replaced by Designated
Aircraft Frequencies (DAF) or "Big CTAF's" (with small Airfield Traffic Zones
(ATZ's) where required). These big CTAF's reminded me of the old large
Airspace Flight Information Zones **in area** (you are technically correct; they
are not the same).
I cannot recall the CTAF's
remaining as well as DAF's and looking up the web-site
and downloading the pdf files comes up with hard to read
information. The presentation at the meeting by David Fon-Lowe was easier
to understand as a power point presentation but looks like I have not completely
grasped the concepts. I will endeavour to get the power point files up on the
web. +Another big issue for the gliding movement is
the proposal that all VFR aircraft flying in the DAF above 5000FT would
broadcast their position every half hour, GFA have already lodged a protest with
Airservices, I am hopeful that we will get exemption as we have in previous
years when similar ideas were floated. Airservices have already given us
exemption to not carry a transponder when flying in Class E
airspace.
There was no mention of that at the
meeting or in Bob Hall's (GFA Vice President) submission. I will cc this
to Bob Hall GFA (Vice President).
However, I think an ATZ at Caboolture would be a bloody nuisance. We
would have to have facilities in all our two seaters to change frequencies from
the back seat; can anyone quote on the cost for doing that?
PeterS
PS Do you want to join me on the
RAPAC committee?
|
- [aus-soaring] Airspace changes Peter Stephenson
- RE: [aus-soaring] Airspace changes Stuart & Kerri Ferguson
- Re: [aus-soaring] Airspace changes Peter Stephenson
- Re: [aus-soaring] Airspace changes thompson
- Re: [aus-soaring] Airspace changes Peter Stephenson
- Re: [aus-soaring] Airspace changes Derek Ruddock
