> Wonderful! Wonder what happens when somebody plugs the charger into a USB
> port?

I'm too scared to plug my Tomtom into its USB charger! Now I'll get
lost. And I've also thrown away that interesting little doodah with
the USB socket which came with an international mains plug adaptor.

>What's wrong with 2.5mm jacks and plugs?

Nothing except that hardly anyone uses them and it is not a standard.
Ask Icon not me. I have four radios with three different sizes of
concentric charger plugs all with either different size outers,
different diameter inner pins and some with a secondary inner pin.
This is not to mention the number of manufacturers who have a positive
outer rather than a pos inner.

I guess that the people who invented the USB "standard" (Intel?) and
designed the chips must have thought about the max voltage on the
line. Even if they still required 4 sizes of plugs.

D
_______________________________________________
Aus-soaring mailing list
[email protected]
To check or change subscription details, visit:
http://lists.internode.on.net/mailman/listinfo/aus-soaring

Reply via email to