Hi Chris,

Your GPS hint is a tad misleading given that the unit has a native internal GPS that seems to satisfy the needs of a great many Flarm owners. While we are on the subject of Flarm can anyone definitively confirm whether the Flarm vertical separation algorithms rely on GPS or pressure altitude data. I have some very interesting empirical results that suggest Flarm GPS altitude data can be seriously out of step with other GPS derived data - although not necessarily out of step with other Flarm units.

Regards,

Geoff V

At 09:54 PM 28/08/2011, you wrote:
Hi Pam,

The OZ Flarm I have, which is one of the early ones, stops working after a software upgrade.
The fix is to set the Radio Settings Area to Australia (921 Mhz).
The other thing to be aware of is that GPS information only comes from the RJ45 port labelled with GPS.

Regards
Chris

----------
From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net [mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Pam Kurstjens
Sent: Sunday, 28 August 2011 6:12 AM
To: 'Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.'
Subject: [Aus-soaring] Oz Flarm and Altair Pro

I am keen to hear from anyone using an OzFlarm manufactured by RF Developments, which has been updated to the latest software, in combination with Altair or Altair Pro. We have one such combination which is giving a lot of trouble and would like to know if other people are finding that it works, or if they are also having trouble since the recent upgrade to Flarm software.
Thanks
Pam
Suggest you contact me offline
p...@kurstjens.com