You're right; my mistake.

-----Original Message-----
From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net
[mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Matthew
Scutter
Sent: Friday, 18 May 2012 11:17 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] CASA gliding licence

I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion Dave, I don't see any
requirement there for a GA licence.
Most other countries won't give you a foreign cert without a class 2
medical so if we are to be recognized by their authority (the problem
at the moment) that requirement seems reasonable.

-Matthew

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM, Dave Long & Cath Lincoln
<cathd...@internode.on.net> wrote:
> Interesting.
>

> http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:PWA::pc=PC_100935
>

> Seems it won’t be much use to anyone unless you also have a CASA pilot
> licence.  Makes it expensive if all you want is a gliding licence.  There
> will also be a number of people flying currently who would not pass a
Class