From: paul+aus...@oxygennetworks.com.au
Date: 19/12/17 10:04 am (GMT+10:30)
To: Christopher Hawker <m...@chrishawker.com.au>
Cc: ausnog@lists.ausnog.net
Subject: RE: [AusNOG] Internet Outages in Brisbane area

Hi Chris,

It’s a fair point you raise, but it’s a 2 way street, contractors would be
operating off diagrams which the carriers need to keep up to date, if something
was incorrect and then they dug a cable up it’s not their fault, but I agree,
there should be something to penalise cowboys.

The other issue is around what Bevan said about path diversity, with the
constant driving down of costs how many carriers are cutting corners and not
implementing redundancy and diverse paths when they should?, even if they
aren’t paid for it diversity shouldn’t really be an option for any carrier
network, or at least for those who care about their customers.

Regards
Paul