On 2 Nov 2018, at 1:00 pm, Scott Wilson <siri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Chiming in to confirm what others are saying - we do vehicle GPS tracking via
> M2M/Jasper SIMs, and any device that is online and authed is okay, but not if
> they've gone offline. A problem for us, as our devices drop session after the
> key is turned off. Thankfully our devices have a buffer, so we won't lose
> anything.

Nothing new to add, just a “me too”. My wife’s Suncorp EFTPOS (+Medicare, etc)
terminal is still down and has been all day. Fun times for a busy sole-trader.
I’m honestly a little surprised Telstra are *still* shouldering so much risk
with these single points of failure. I’m sure the “point of failure” has a
certain degree of internal redundancy, but a single system going down and we’re
all off the air; not good.

Cheers,

James