From: AusNOG <ausnog-boun...@lists.ausnog.net> On Behalf Of Troy Kelly
Sent: Wednesday, 20 January 2021 20:54
To: 'aus...@ausnog.net' <ausnog@lists.ausnog.net>
Subject: [AusNOG] Lightning and FTTC - is it really this bad?

I'm confused as to how FTTC would suffer more from lightning strike related
issues than other ground conducting technologies?

Is it something about the Blue Mountains in particular, or is this article
rubbish?

(Paywall, open in incognito if so inclined)
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/blue-mountains-residents-turn-off-nbn-in-storms-or-risk-no-connection-for-days-20210120-p56vjb.html

Cheers,
Troy