The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1124
Reported By:                dannyniu
Assigned To:                ajosey
Project:                    1003.1(2008)/Issue 7
Issue ID:                   1124
Category:                   System Interfaces
Type:                       Enhancement Request
Severity:                   Editorial
Date Submitted:             2017-03-05 02:46 UTC
Last Modified:              2017-03-05 02:46 UTC
In the rationale section for the write() function, we've taken note of the
fact that, some systems allows a write of length zero to indicate
end-of-file to the other end of a pipe.

In my opinion, this feature is the by-product of some systems using the
message-nondiscard IO semantics for pipe, such as 8th edition we've noted
in the text. And I think it's reasonable, that we further note such
semantics, by mentioning on such systems, read() from a pipe, will return
the content of at most one write() call.
Desired Action:
Add to after the text:

Also, some existing systems ... permit a write of zero bytes ... indicates
a successful write of an end-of-file indication.

The following:

On such systems, a read() from a pipe or a FIFO, returns at most the
content of one write() call.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change
write()