All
Enclosed are the minutes of the thursday meeting last week. As a reminder there
is no meeting this Monday
regards
Andrew
--------

Minutes of the 3rd September 2020 Teleconference     Austin-1061 Page 1 of 1
Submitted by Andrew Josey, The Open Group. 6th September 2020

Attendees:
    Nick Stoughton, USENIX, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 22 OR
    Don Cragun, IEEE PASC OR
    Joerg Schilling, FOKUS Fraunhofer
    Geoff Clare, The Open Group
    Mark Ziegast, SHware Systems Dev.
    Eric Ackermann, HPI, University of Potsdam
    Jefferson Carpenter
    Andrew Josey, The Open Group
    Eric Blake, Red Hat, The Open Group OR
    Tom Thompson, IEEE
    Richard Hansen

* General news

Eric had completed his action to send a request to The Open Group
about sponsoring new APIs.

We agreed the meeting would focus on the draft 1 review bugs.
Once the draft 1 review bugs are resolved a draft 1.1 will be prepared.

We will return to discussing the Etherpad authentication change on a future
meeting.
Please note that you need to have a working login for www.opengroup.org.
If you are having issues please contact Andrew.

* Outstanding actions

(Please note that this section has been flushed to shorten the minutes -
to locate the previous set of outstanding actions, look to the minutes
from 13th June 2019 and earlier)

Bug 1254: "asynchronous list" description uses "command" instead of "AND-OR
list" OPEN
https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1254
Action: Joerg to investigate how his shell behaves.

Bug 700 - Nick to raise this issue with the C committee
Bug 713 - Nick to raise with the C committee.
Bug 739 - Nick to raise with the C committee.

* Current Business
Action: Eric to ask the Base Working Group if they will sponsor *_clock*()
(bug 1216), strlcpy() etc. (bug 986), dladdr() (bug 993)
COMPLETED

Bug 0000697: Adding of a getdirentries() function
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=697
This has a separate etherpad page.  https://posix.rhansen.org/p/bug697

We will continue after the Issue 8 draft 1 bug resolution

Bug #1349: Where to obtain ISO/IEC standards (footnote)  Accept
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1349

Bug #1350: O_* constants needed in <stdlib.h> for mkostemp()  Accept
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1350

O_NOCTTY is not XSI shaded in fcntl.h, but is in stdlib.h? Intentional—only
used for XSI function in stdlib.h.

Bug #598: OH shading and new interfaces   Accept as Marked
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=598

On 2016 edition page 441 line 15099 section <unistd.h>, add:
    The <unistd.h> header shall define the symbolic constants
    O_CLOEXEC and O_CLOFORK as described in <fcntl.h>.

On 2016 edition page 449 line 15466 section <unistd.h>, change:
    Inclusion of the <unistd.h> header may make visible all symbols
    from the headers <stddef.h>, ...

to:
    Inclusion of the <unistd.h> header may make visible all symbols
    from the headers <fcntl.h>, <stddef.h>, ...

Bug #1351: F_DUPFD_CLOFORK missing in <fcntl.h>  Accept
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1351

Bug #1352: Outdated text in <wchar.h>  Accept
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1352

Bugs #1353: strftime errno issues   Dup of 1386
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1353

Close as duplicate of #1386 (more disussion in 1386).

Bug #1354: Bug 1313 applied incorrectly   Accept
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1354

Bug #1355: Better wording to replace "decoding algorithm" Accept as Marked
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1355

On page 20 line 703 replace:
    Due to export restrictions on the decoding algorithm in some countries,

with:
    Due to export restrictions on the cryptographic algorithm in some countries,

Bug #1356: Our definition of character disagrees with that of Unicode. OPEN
https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1356

We started to discuss this item and will continue on the next call.

Gettext draft.

We will return to this on a future call.

The gettext draft in the etherpad is at

https://posix.rhansen.org/p/gettext_draft
https://posix.rhansen.org/p/gettext_split

Next Steps
----------
There is no meeting on Mon 2020-09-07

The next calls are on:

September 10th 2020 (Thursday)
This call will be for 90 minutes.

September 14th 2020 (Monday)
This call will be for 60 minutes.

Calls are anchored on US time. (8am Pacific)

Please check the calendar invites for dial in details.

Bugs are at:
https://austingroupbugs.net

Apologies in advance
2020-09-14 Andrew Josey

An etherpad is usually up for the meeting, with a URL using the date format as
below:

https://posix.rhansen.org/p/20xx-mm-dd
username={first part of hostname} password=2115756#

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481