Hello,

I am writing a proposal for the ISO C++ standard committee (WG21) to
update the reference to the POSIX standard in the C++ International
Standard. My colleague Eric Blake suggested I ask on this list whether
anybody here has any comments on the proposal.

The draft is at https://kayari.org/tmp/posix.html

The abstract is:

  The C++ standard has a normative reference to ISO/IEC 9945:2003 (aka
  POSIX.1-2001 aka The Single UNIX Specification, version 3). However,
  the C++ standard library refers to POSIX functions and macros which
  are not defined in that document, as they weren't added until
  ISO/IEC/IEEE 9945:2009 (aka POSIX.1-2008 aka SUSv4). The C++
  standard should update its reference.

If you see any errors or incorrect claims from an Austin Group
perspective, I'd be very grateful for your feedback.

Thanks in advance to anybody who makes time to read through it,
Jonathan

  • Proposal to update re... Jonathan Wakely via austin-group-l at The Open Group