Thorsten Glaser wrote, on 23 Nov 2021:

> >This came up during discussions of bug 1063 and the description has
> >been changed to something deliberately vague.  It has also been marked
> >obsolescent.
>
> I’m normally using the web version for my “what does POSIX say?” lookups
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/idx/fidx2.html
>
> Is there a similarily accessible way to get the “current” text?

There are two ways to access more up to date versions:

1. Download the PDF of the latest draft of Issue 8, currently draft
2.1 from August 2021.

https://www.opengroup.org/austin/login.html

2. Request access to the troff source in gitlab.  With this access
you can view individual function/utility/header pages as troff
source, although the numbered sections are in one whole chapter to a
file, so it can be harder to find specific sections.  You can also
download the latest PDF builds.  The Issue7TC3 branch has bugs
tagged tc3-2008 applied; the Issue8 branch also has bugs tagged
issue8 applied.  (I usually apply bugs a couple of weeks after they
are resolved, although I'm a bit behind currently as I've been
concentrating on the C17 alignment changes.)

If you want gitlab access, the person to ask is Andrew Josey.

--
Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England