Hello Mark

Thanks for your mail.  There are various restrictions on the unapproved drafts
imposed
on us by the standards process and the copyright holders, including various
disclaimers and notices of limitations we have to place in the drafts.

In short the drafts are only intended to be used for standardisation activities
without
permissions from the copyright holders, they are unapproved and subject to
change.
It is not intended that the drafts be passed to end user customers.

Since all changes in the drafts relate to bugs, that would be a possible route
if you needed to point
to a change proposed, as we discuss and record all changes via the mantis bug
tracker
and that information is public. In the CHANGE HISTORY section of the draft we
record the defect number so
that is a way for you to vector in on the information. Note for numbered
sections rather than manual
pages you would need to consult the XRAT volume to find out the defects applied
- for example
XRAT C.2.2.3 notes a number of defect reports applied.

I hope this helps.
regards
Andrew

> On 13 Jan 2022, at 13:02, Mark Galeck via austin-group-l at The Open Group
> <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:
>
> Yes thank you, this is very helpful.
>
> Right now, I point the customers to the current published POSIX
> standard, when it comes to behaviour that is covered there.
>
> However, if they do raise an issue like this, that is already
> addressed in the draft, I would want to copy-and-paste a section from
> the draft, to an email to the customer that raised the issue, with an
> explanation that this is what the intent is .
>
> I would rather not point to or provide the whole draft, for fear of confusion.
>

> Is that OK for me to do that?
>
> On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 3:36 AM Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The
> Open Group <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:
>>
>> Mark Galeck wrote, on 13 Jan 2022:
>>>
>>> Thank you Nick.  So here's the one I just found.
>>>
>>> In the section 2.2.3 Double-Quotes, it says about \  :
>>>
>>> "The <backslash> shall retain its special meaning as an escape
>>> character (see Escape Character (Backslash)) only when followed by one
>>> of the following characters when considered special:
>>>
>>> $   `   "   \   <newline>
>>> "
>>
>> I believe the issues you raise with this text have been corrected
>> already in the Issue 8 drafts. You should be able to obtain the
>> current draft from https://www.opengroup.org/austin/login.html
>>
>> --
>> Geoff Clare <g.cl...@opengroup.org>
>> The Open Group, Apex Plaza, Forbury Road, Reading, RG1 1AX, England

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481

  • Is this the kind of &q... Mark Galeck via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: Is this the k... Nick Stoughton via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re: Is this t... Mark Galeck via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • Re: Is th... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • Re: I... Mark Galeck via austin-group-l at The Open Group
            • ... Andrew Josey via austin-group-l at The Open Group
              • ... Mark Galeck via austin-group-l at The Open Group