Hi Wayne,
I don't see this being a real problem.  The current output of stty -g on the
system I'm using is about 225 bytes.  The minimum acceptable value for LINE_MAX
in the current standard is 2048 (including the terminating <newline>
character).  I'm not expecting terminal settings to need an additional 1800
bytes to be represented in text form in the foreseeable future.

- Don

> On Feb 11, 2022, at 7:43 PM, Wayne Pollock via austin-group-l at The Open
> Group <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:
>
> This is probably a silly question, but how long can the output of stty -g be?
> Because as worded ("line of text") the output would be limited to less than
> LINE_MAX.  If that might be an issue the wording could be changed to something
> like "string of characters terminated by a newline".
>
> --
> Wayne Pollock
>
> On Thu, Feb 3, 2022, 2:06 PM Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at
> The Open Group <austin-group-l@opengroup.org
> <mailto:austin-group-l@opengroup.org>> wrote:
>
> >    <https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1532>

  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Wayne Pollock via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Don Cragun via austin-group-l at The Open Group