Date:        Tue, 14 Mar 2023 10:31:52 +0000
    From:        "Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group"
<austin-group-l@opengroup.org>

  | I think this and some other differences between ":" and "true" are
  | worth mentioning in the standard.

I don't think that would do any harm, or is incorrect, but I'm
not sure it is necessary either.   Some of us recognise that
true and : are (in many uses) more or less interchangeable.
That doesn't mean that we need to explain why both exist, or
what the differences are.

It is often possible to replace grep with sed - the standard does
not need to say that, or explain how, or what grep can do that
is not so easy using sed.   Same here.

Just removing the Rationale would be enough, but I don't mind
if you really believe the rest of this is needed.

kre

  • [1003.1(2016... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [1003.1... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: [10... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Lawrence Velázquez via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Stephane Chazelas via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group
          • ... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group