Hi all,

I know Autotest is not under active development and virt-test is already
deprecated,
but I was still wondering about the future plans on it regarding the
deprecation of python2.

In particular:

- upstream Python 2.7 support expires on 2020-01-01
(https://lwn.net/Articles/750846/)
- there will never be another Python 2.x feature release
(https://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0404/)
- Fedora is already expiring Python 2 packages wherever possible
(https://lwn.net/Articles/750849/)

Is there any chance of Autotest possibly moving to python 3 or is the plan to
leave it on
python 2 and let it deprecate in the same way while moving all effort to
avocado?

I will be glad to hear your thoughts on the matter,
Plamen