From: avocado-devel-boun...@redhat.com
[mailto:avocado-devel-boun...@redhat.com] On Behalf Of Lukáš Doktor
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:20 PM
To: chand...@codeaurora.org; avocado-devel@redhat.com; Wainer dos Santos
Moschetta <waine...@redhat.com>
Subject: Re: [Avocado-devel] [Avocado-vt] How to create a custom config image
to import and run the tests

Hello Chandrashekar,

in meeting we discussed ways to write custom cartesian-config files to get
greater flexibility when defining Avocado-vt tests. In attachment you can find
2 examples similar to what I use. You need to put them into the
`$AVOCADO_DATA/avocado-vt/backend/$VTTYPE/cfg` file in order to be able to
include the `tests-shared.cfg`. You can as well extract just the variants you
are interested in and maintain it downstream, which would be faster to execute,
but you'd have to watch for changes in the upstream configs.

During the meeting I also forgot to mention there is a support in Avocado to
specify tests by yaml files, which allows similar flexibility as cartesian
configs but for all tests (not just Avocado-vt, but any test). Some details can
be found here:
http://avocado-framework.readthedocs.io/en/latest/optional_plugins/yaml_loader.html
 and examples are in examples dir in Avocado sources.

I hope the quick-start meeting was useful and it'll be easier to read the
documentation now. Ideally send issues/prs to update it in case you see some
difficulties, but we try to keep it in a good shape. Unfortunately Avocado-vt
is full of magic so it's not user-friendly at first, on the other hand it
allows writing tests independent on hw, provider, machine-type, guest-os, ....

Kind regards,
Lukáš