On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell
<marcus.hanw...@kitware.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM, Geoff Hutchison
> <ge...@geoffhutchison.net> wrote:
>>> I think we are more than ready to release once we have the Mac
>>> package. This is the first in the beta series to stabilize for a 1.2.0
>>> release. I would like to get some of the pending changes on Gerrit
>>> merged (and have a few things queued I would like to add) once we have
>>> this release out.
>>
>> I can spin a Mac package tomorrow -- unfortunately, due to the holiday, and
>> some prior commitments, I can't do that today.
>>
>> Thanks Marcus for all the hard work on finalizing the release. It will be
>> great to get it out there and show people what we've been working on!
>
> That sounds great, I figured with the holidays things might be hectic.
> I pushed the tag to the repository and the other files are all in
> staging on SourceForge (you should be able to see them and upload the
> Mac package).

Hi Geoff,

Did you get chance to create some Mac binaries? I would like to get an
announcement together in the next few days. I noticed that SourceForge
unveiled the staged binaries/tarballs (only holds them for three
days), and we are seeing quite a few downloads.

For those interested in trying out the latest Avogadro that is great,
nearly 300 downloads yesterday. I am inclined to leave the files
as-is, once the Mac binary is added I would like to add a news item
and update the main page etc.

Thanks,

Marcus