Hi,

I wanted to test the room on requiring C++11 in Avogadro 2. We have
optional fallback to Boost right now, and some macros to make things
work for the limited subset of C++11 we use. We cannot really take
advantage of things like auto, lambdas, and move constructors easily.
There are also things like atomics, threading features and regex.

With things like docker containers, and the fact that Windows has
Visual Studio 2013 community (not sure Open Babel compiles there yet,
but we should be able to help) are there good reasons to stay away
from a hard requirement of C++11? I think if we continue the current
pattern we have to use new features in fairly limited forms (made
sense in 2011, not sure it does in 2015).

Thoughts?

Marcus